採用情報 > Business Developer for Wood Panel
IKEA Purchasing Services (Czech Republic) spol. s r. o. is a purchasing organization which cooperates with furniture and home furnishing manufacturers located in Europe on producing furniture with perfect design and quality for many people, and which ensures distribution into retail stores IKEA worldwide. We are a team of about 150 co-workers of over 20 nationalities.
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plant balls that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home.
Want to help make this happen? Join our global Purchasing Development business! It is filled withcurious and passionate people, that get energy from influencing, interacting, and working together to deliver great business results. Does it sound like your kind of people?
At IKEA, we see things a little differently. We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve affordable sustainability.
A few perks of being one of us:
- We believe in you! You get the privilege and the responsibility to lead a diverse team and world-class suppliers, while finding innovative ways to drive the business for IKEA.
- We trust you! You have the confidence and freedom to lead your team and organize your time. Your well-being is our priority. A variety of rewarding work awaits you, which you will be able to combine alongside your hobbies or family.
- We grow with you! In regular informal talks with your manager, you can explore your development and carrier opportunities, and we will support you on the way. We embrace making mistakes and best way forward.
The position is located in Prague.
As a Business Developer,you will be an informal leader of a 3-member micro-team. With a Production Engineer, who takes cares of the production process and quality, and a Supply Planner who handles logistics. Based on the analysis, you will draw up an action plan once a year to reduce production costs and to develop better design for the customers, all within the framework of sustainability and ethical business practices.
You also can expect to:
- Develop partnerships with suppliers – The micro team travels regularly, in order to start new products, solve production issues, improve production efficiency and to provide suppliers with feedback and help with the implementation of the action plan.
- Create production calculations – Look for cost saving opportunities for both existing and new products and negotiate prices.
- Operation – Communicate with suppliers, the management in team meetings regarding project implementation and data entry.
To succeed in this role:
- You are aware of economics and finance – able to work with cost breakdown, the price is alpha and omega for us,
- Passion for business and the end-goal, both will come in handy when negotiating with suppliers, you have to be strict but fair,
- You will use the art of dealing with people, empathy and good communication skills, in coordinating your small micro-team and in dealing with suppliers,
- Analytical skills that are necessary for working with numbers, when negotiating prices, or when setting priorities for your work, which is usually high paced and demanding.
Does this sound like you? Why not Apply?
Please send us your CV and letter of motivation in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!