採用情報 > Business Developer - Talent Pool
At IKEA, we do things a little different. We think, differently. Act, differently. And work differently as well. We like to break things. Like rules. And then make things. Like music-playing lamps. And beds disguised as sofas. Even plant balls that help us look after our planet. It’s all part of our vision - to create a better everyday life for the many. By 2030, we hope to help millions more look forward to going home.
Want to help make this happen? Join our global Purchasing Development business! It is filled withcurious and passionate people, that get energy from influencing, interacting, and working together to deliver great business results. Does it sound like your kind of people?
If so, come and develop the IKEA business together with us! We are now looking for a new Business Developer for Category New Carbon Steel.
At IKEA, we see things a little differently. We onboard our suppliers as partners with whom we create long-term relationships. We want them to grow with us, become more efficient and achieve affordable sustainability.
A few perks of being one of us:
- We believe in you! You get the privilege and the responsibility to lead a diverse team and world-class suppliers, while finding innovative ways to drive the business for IKEA.
- We trust you! You have the confidence and freedom to lead your team and organize your time. Your well-being is our priority. A variety of rewarding work awaits you, which you will be able to combine alongside your hobbies or family.
- We grow with you! In regular informal talks with your manager, you can explore your development and carrier opportunities, and we will support you on the way. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them. For us, at IKEA, that is the best way forward.
As a Business Developer,you will be part of a 3-member micro-team. With a Production Engineer, who takes cares of the production process and quality, and a Supply Planner who handles logistics. Based on the analysis, you will draw up an action plan once a year to reduce production costs and to develop better design for the customers, all within the framework of sustainability and ethical business practices.
You also can expect to:
- Develop partnerships with suppliers – The micro team travels regularly, in order to start new products, solve production issues, improve production efficiency and to provide suppliers with feedback and help with the implementation of the action plan.
- Create production calculations – Look for cost saving opportunities for both existing and new products and negotiate prices.
- Operation – Communicate with suppliers, the management in team meetings regarding project implementation and data entry.
Mirka, a Business Developer in IKEA and says:
I am responsible for sourcing high quality products for IKEA stores and customers. I travel and interact with people globally. Meeting with current and/or potential suppliers to explore different business opportunities also helps to enhance my knowledge of the industry and different ways of working.
The benefits within IKEA are quite generous. IKEA values a healthy and balanced work/life environment. At IKEA you are the master of your own destiny. You have the opportunity to grow the business. You will find that a responsible approach and good self-management will allow you a more flexible work schedule that fits well with your personal life. If you are self-motivated, able to think outside of the box and enjoy a challenge, you won’t regret joining IKEA!
To succeed in this role:
- You know economics and finance – Understanding of company financials: cash flow, P&L, income statements and cost breakdowns.
- Passion for business and the end-goal – Both will come in handy when negotiating with suppliers, where you are to be strict but fair. A solution-oriented person, concentrating on problem solving the regular business issues.
- The art of dealing with people – empathy and great communication skills to cooperate with your micro-team. This comes in handy when collaborating with suppliers and stakeholders in the IKEA supply chain.
- Analytical skills - working with numbers, negotiating prices, or setting priorities for your work, in a usually high paced and demanding environment.
- An interest in production and discovering the latest technologies in home furnishing.
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken. You are comfortable in presenting and engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
This position is suitable also for candidates with a shorter work experience or graduates.
Does this sound like you? Why not Apply?
Please send us your CV and letter of motivation in English. We really want to get to know you, so make sure you tell us why you would be a good fit.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Lucie Drastilová firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Barbora Taušová (email@example.com).
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!