Who you are
We are on a transformation journey, simplifying and automating our stores and fulfillment units to enable one seamless IKEA experience for our customers.
We are looking for you who is passionate about leading the value creation for our customers, people, planet, and company. You are an inspiring leader who gets energy of working together in an ever-changing complex and multi-dimensional environment. Of course, you share and live our IKEA culture and values, and you are always your true self.
We believe that you are a fact-based leader on a strategic level, but you also enjoy to go into details and analyze the business.
To be successful in this role, you should:
• Be strong in stakeholder management, with ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Have deep knowledge of the business and market specific conditions
• Have solid knowledge and proven experience of supplier management and category management from global matrix organizations
• Preferably have knowledge in Logistic Equipment such as Warehousing solutions- Storage, horizontal transportation and Packaging machinery & materials
The Category Leader will lead, steer, and develop the strategic sourcing and supplier management agenda and ensure the delivery to the total needs of the business striving for volume and economies of scale for a category segment on a global scale.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Driving business performance and results
• Acting as partner to key business owners and stakeholders, globally inside and outside of IKEA
• Leading creating and development of Category Plans and relevant action plans
• Securing implementation and execution of Category Plans and action plans on a global basis
• Securing the execution of the Source-to-Pay process, from strategic sourcing to efficient operational procurement and payment
• Securing performance, cost- optimization and cost reduction in scope of responsibility, by managing and developing supplier base
• Securing compliance of IWAY and the Code of Conduct by the supplier base
• Being accountable for a continuous monitoring of the supplier market
You will report to Category Manager Logistics & Equipment, Lucia Axelsson. This role is based in Malmö. Some traveling on average of once a month, might be needed.
About this work area
Ingka Procurement is a group function, part of Ingka Group. Our ambition is to develop meaningful and better procurement!
We bring IKEA into the lives of the many people in more than 30 countries around the world. Together with colleagues worldwide, we work to identify and understand all kinds of needs related to IKEA operations. Together with our suppliers, we meet those needs innovatively, cost-effectively and with sustainability built in from the start.
We are organized in four category areas that are responsible for the end-to-end procurement process, from sourcing to payment.
Category Logistics and Equipment belongs to Category Area Real Estate. We support all types of logistics equipment to support Customer Fulfilment operations such as warehouse racking, forklifts, automated solutions, packaging materials and packaging machinery.
In our team, we are about twenty people spread across the globe, working as Category Leaders, Sourcing Managers, Purchasers, Operational Purchaser and Project Manager.
We welcome the diversity of thought, background, and culture in our team, to make great ideas a reality.
Questions and support? Let's connect!
For job specific questions please contact the hiring manager, Lucia Axelsson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions about the recruitment process? Please contact Niloufar Rasekh at email@example.com.
As summer holidays is getting closer, this recruitment process might take longer time.
Submit your application, in English, through our recruitment portal, as soon as possible, but no later than 2023-06-07. We do not accept applications via email.
Warmly welcome with your application!