The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
- You handle the daily operation of Småland, the children playground such as registering kids for the playground admission, taking care of the children and ensure their safety during their stay in the playground.
- You ensure good teamwork in the operation of the playroom during the day, which includes toilet needs and taking care of individual children, ensuring that there is a good balance among children per play activity.
- You check and maintain the safety and cleanliness of the playroom according to stated guidelines and checklists together with the cleaners and technical staff.
- You assist to handle emergency cases happening in Småland, such as accidents, incidents or sudden sickness.
- You ensure safety and evacuation procedures are carried out, such as handling missing children and evacuation in case of fire or emergency announcement.
- You assist to make announcement through the internal paging system when necessary.
- You communicate to the manager on issues, concerns, and incidences with regard to safety and security of the children and ensures the IKEA store is a safe and secure environment at all times for visitors and co-workers.
- You submit a daily Småland report (number of children and results in case of accident) and record information accurately so that the resulting analysis can be used to improve customers’ future shopping experiences.
- You check the availability of toys and videos, ensure these are fully functional and organize the store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
- You assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur
- You have passion in working with children and parents.
- You have experience in working with, entertaining and creating stimulating environments for children of different ages.
- You have experience in organizing and participating recreational activities and games.
- It will be an added advantage if you have previous experience working in child day care and/ or having a first aid certification.
- You are able to understand the individual differences in ability, personality and interest.
- You have good communication skills in both Malay and English.
- You are able to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively within high-stress situations.
You are invited to the Life at Home journey with IKEA. Click here to begin your journey. Kindly note that your job application will be prioritized when you complete the assignment.
Read more about:
FAQ for Part Time Employment with IKEA
Please apply by 31 March 2023.