The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
IKEA Jurong is a unique city centre store in a popular shopping mall. It is a smaller store with a big turnover and with 3 million visitors. It will be led by an ambitious team consisting of the Store, Commercial, Operations, IKEA Food and a Retail Foundation Manager.
· Support Operations Manager in Business plan, budget and forecast process by translating the store’s strategy and goals in Profit & Loss (P&L) scenarios using financial analysis and benchmarking;
· Lead the store’s monthly financial reporting together with the regional and store’s accounting team by timely, efficient, accurate and compliant invoice management;
· Monitor the store’s budget, through close follow up of the P&L and provide regular updates to the store management on the store’s financial position and recommend improvement measures in case of deviation and potentials;
· Provide relevant and user-friendly business information on the store’s performance KPIs;
· Support the sales team in converting performance insights into actions towards maximising business opportunities in the most efficient and effective way;
· Supporting correct procurement of indirect material by requesting and comparing supplier quotations, by periodic reviews on contracts management, administering purchase tool user management.
· Highly developed analytical and numerical skills; Result oriented;
· Strong management and leadership experience;
· Self-reliant and motivated with proven ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
· Ability to influence;
· Flexible approach to work and open to change;
· Being able to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing;
· Good working knowledge of all areas of IKEA business;
· Experience in setting and implementing long-term strategic plans, setting budgets and following up on goals.