The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and MOROCCO.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!Job description
- To ensure that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented in the Showroom and Self-serve furniture area operations;
- Work with the Communication & Interior Design Manager to ensure that the IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in the Showroom and Self-Serve areas to enable customers to perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist;
- Strive to reach the IKEA positioning objectives. Guide the performance in the Showroom and Self-serve furniture area operations towards maximized sales and optimized long-term profit by:
- Applying sales methods in accordance with the Selling in the Showroom the IKEA way manual and the Range presentation the IKEA way manual.
- Ensuring the implementation of the sales objectives defined in the furniture range sales budget.
- Setting standards for the store operating procedures in the Showroom and Self-serve furniture area.
- Proper performance management of staff by ensuring that all co-workers are properly trained, and implementing development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs;
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of the local home furnishings market (e.g. customers, trends and competition);
- Conducting regular competitor analysis and take appropriate actions based on agreements with your matrix manager;
- To develop and implement the annual business plan with the store management team in regards to your own department and areas of responsibility;
- Responsible for the planning, execution and follow-up of the stores’ commercial calendars;
- To work with the marketing and Sales & Range manager in Service Office to plan and organize marketing activities related to the commercial calendar;
- Consistently following up and communicating to the store manager, the store management team and the shopkeepers the agreed KPI’s within your area of responsibility.
General retailing experience:
- Previous IKEA / home furnishings experience preferred;
- Must have strategic, analytical and tactical abilities;
- Strong enthusiasm and interest in home furnishings;
- Must have the ability to quickly develop in-depth knowledge of local market business conditions and competitive environment;
- Must have highly developed merchandising and sales steering knowledge;
- Must be able to understand complex personal sales and the long decision-making process by customers buying furniture (which is usually a large investment for the customer).
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to share knowledge and learning
- Must be able to build working relationships
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must have proven leadership abilities and lead by example;
- Must have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the organisation;
- Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and visitors.
- Professional use of MS-Office;
- Able to quickly learn and adapt to localized computer programs.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV (English version) to further boost your visibility.