The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
To ensure accounting books are maintained in an accurate and timely manner and to provide relevant financial and non-financial information to support business analysis and decisions to secure sustainable growth and profitability.
Responsible for various types of reconciliation, analytical review, and analysis to minimize deviations from accounting standards and tax requirements for business needs and compliance reasons
- Responsible for coordinating daily accounting activities, creating journal entries in the ledger, preparing tax returns, developing financial statements, reporting financial status to stakeholders, and managing accounts payable and receivable.
- Securing the timely update and reconciliation of the company’s data regarding General Ledger and Analytical Accounting;
- Updating of Accounts payable, Accounts receivable and Suppliers’ Accounts Master Data;
- Reconciliation and follow up of the company’s purchases, sales, and payments;
- Following up the bank and cash balances;
- Participating in the operational accounting process;
- Preparation of internal and external ad hoc reports;
- Participating in the monthly and year-end closing process;
- Communication with auditors, banks, and other external parties.
- The filing of tax reports and payment of taxes
- Secure that all payments to suppliers, co-workers, authorities is done on time and in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions
- Closing of the books during the year and at the end of the year secure that all accounting standards meet the demands as stated in the local legislation
- Manage a department of accounting specialists in the Service office and have a matrix relationship to the Accounting function in the stores
- Further develop the accounting function
- Contributing to the accurate and timely execution, preparation, and submission of all financial reporting in compliance with requirements
- Reviewing, preparing, and posing journal entries on daily and monthly basis
- Participating in projects and support execution to simplify and automate financial operations and reporting
- Carrying out audit related work, yearly filings, and other compliance activities
- Supporting and maintaining a connection with local functions and IKEA global functions.
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience in process optimization and risk control a plus
- Good knowledge of accounting software
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, charts, conditional formatting, etc.)
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Morocco. Some travel may be required.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.