The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.Job description
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
We want to fill this position with an extremely commercial and customer-focused enthusiast who shares our vision of “creating a better everyday life for the many people”. This individual must have a passion for logistics and in developing people and talent and enjoys working in a fast paced, constantly changing retail environment.
- Lead the country supply and availability team to secure excellence in range management, forecast alignment, store ordering process, store capacity planning and optimization, and efficient store replenishment.
- Collaborate, inspire the Sales & Support team in the stores and the warehouse. S/he will also support them with the necessary tools, working methods and functional competence development needs.
- Play an active role in setting goals in supply and availability to support the country business and action plans and align with the overall IKEA business plan objectives.
- Be an active partner in the creation, planning and implementation of the country commercial calendar and follow up on market activities to secure highest possible goods availability in co-operation with Sales and supply chain partners. Regular review of performance with commercial and supply partners, identify and follow up on any necessary corrective actions to ensure agreed goods availability goals are achieved.
- Analyse stock development together with Fulfilment Manager and Business Navigation as part of the inventory management procedure.
- Accountable for the creation of a five-year capacity plan for the country and securing the forecasting of logistics capacity requirements for the short-, mid- and long term (m2 & m3) as part of the total supply chain capacity.
- Accountable for securing optimized distribution setup to stores at the lowest possible logistic costs.
- Contribute to accurate forecasting by supporting the stores with the alignment of operational store forecast with demand planning forecast on total range, with focus on top sellers, critical and new articles.
- Together with the commercial team secure the preconditions in the stores for a smooth and timely range renewal process and timely sales starts of new range and vitality packages.
- Ensure that the supply and availability team works ethically and in compliance with internal and external laws/rules, including legislation relating to risk, sustainability and health and safety regulation.
Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and living IKEA culture that values the diversity of customers and co-workers and inspires extraordinary achievements in the department.Qualification
- 4-6 years working experience in a leadership position (preferable in distribution, retail, logistics or similar)
- Proven successful leadership in a big organization, delivering both business result and people development
- Retail/home furnishing/supply chain experience and interest
- Proven ability to make a difference by positively influencing the business directly as well as through good collaboration
- Experience in securing the implementation of short, mid to long term strategies and plans and set/follow up goals
- Proven ability to influence in a matrix organization
- Successfully lead projects or processes on country/market/national level
- Good coaching and/or mentor, advisory and facilitation skills, conflict management and problem-solving experience
- Capable of transferring knowledge and experience on basic retailing to the commercial teams in the stores
Please apply by March 15th, 2023.