The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at affordable prices . We are part of IKEA Al-Homaizi Limited, operating in three countries - Kuwait, Jordan, and Morocco.
Our keywords are Home, People, Happiness, Development, Leadership, Inclusion & Diversity, All with Passion!
Join us to bridge your dreams and unique ideas within an organization that believes in People !Job description
A day in your life with us:
- Use home furnishing competence to create home furnishing solutions in room settings, homes, vignettes and sales support areas that reflect the IKEA identity.
- Actively contribute in the gathering of insights from home visit interviews and translating this knowledge into locally relevant, functional, aesthetic and commercial home furnishing solutions that exceed customer expectations and reflect home furnishing the IKEA way.
- Contribute to the creation of a Showroom matrix that reflects a wide variety of styles, living situations and price levels to create a good tempo with distinct visual impressions.
- Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness when planning and implementing all range presentation solutions using global tools and best practices.
- Stay up to date and knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to contribute in workshops to generate creative ideas.
- Contribute to the content of the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans together with the Com&In team and other functions.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with Com&In team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of your actions on the financial results.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, ensure disruption is minimized and stay aware of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors at all times.
- Any security breaches must be notified concerned authority and manager.
- Be aware of all security related emergency response and follow the policy and procedures.
- Retail and home furnishing experience.
- Experience of working with interior design in a retail environment.
- Visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics. Ability to generate new ideas and concepts.
- A passion for home furnishing, retailing, design and how people live at home. Able to draw, visualise and present ideas.
- Entusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team.
- Practical hands-on approach to work.
- Basic communication skills in English.
- Computer proficient with knowledge and experience of using relevant software (e.g. AutoCAD).
A few more details for you
This position is full-time and is located in Kuwait.
Please send your CV in English and tell us why you would be a good fit for this role.