Do you want to bring your Public Relations talent to a company…
…that gives down-to-earth, straight-forward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles;
… where, together with your colleagues, you are strongly committed to the company’s vision to create a better everyday life for the many people; and
…where you’re part of a tight-knit team of communication professionals who are positioning the brand through the communication of commercial and purpose-led initiatives?
If this sounds like your cup of tea, then we have a great opportunity for you to join the IKEA US Communications Team
We are looking for someone to take ownership for IKEA's Corporate LinkedIn and Twitter Accounts. This includes working with our Agency on the strategy and plan as well as the day-to-day work to implement the strategy and plan.
To do this you must have the following qualifications:
Minimum 2-5 years experience working in external or internal communications at the corporate/agency level.
Minimum 2-5 years experience with PR communication.
Minimum 1-3 years experience with crisis communication.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
In the role of Public Relations Specialist you will:
* Execute and implement the local integrated communication plan – with focus on corporate and commercial Public Relations (PR); and secure alignment with the global communication plans.
* Define, plan, create/execute and follow up on commercial and corporate PR communication.
* In close collaboration and aligned with the Marketing team, secure the planning, execution and optimizing the use of earned media, as part of an integrated media approach to maximize commercial impact, drive business results and improve cost efficiency of results.
* Responsible for providing support and direction for communication around commercial and corporate events.
* Drive project management for PR projects, taking the stakeholder perspective.
* Contribute to the development and delivery of communication projects and the Media Relations agenda.
* Implement and execute media engagement strategies.
* Work with media-mapping analysis and stakeholder management to be able to deliver to the needs of the business.
* Monitor and analyze media to measure results as well as identify proactive opportunities and potential risk issues.
* Participate in the process for country on-duty phone and media product loans.
* Develop alongside other communicators and tap into wider resources, i.e. social/digital, PR, stakeholder engagement, campaigns etc.
* Actively encourage improvement of content creation, based on trends in communication and the latest developments within corporate and commercial PR.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We strongly position IKEA as a truly meaningful & trusted brand in people’s hearts & minds, with a focus on us as a retailer and our positive societal impact.
At the same time, we contribute to the growth and transformation of INGKA by ensuring we lead with communication.
We do this by taking a strategic approach to reactive, proactive and activist communication.
WORKING WITH US HAS ITS REWARDS
Our benefits package is just one way that we aim to make IKEA a great place to work. We want to make sure that you can enhance your life both at work and at home by providing access to a great range of benefits.
· Competitive medical and prescription plan including Autism coverage · Generous 401(k), dental and vision plans · Retirement plan called "Tack" (the Swedish word for "thank you") · Tuition assistance · Co-worker discount and meal deal · Pet insurance · Generous parental and paid-time off package · And more!