Who you are
You are passionate about people and unlocking their potential to contribute to business results. You enjoy working in a vibrant and changing multidimensional environment and have an appreciation of the mix in strategic, tactical and operational tasks. You have highly developed communication skills with the ability to lead and develop others; strong coaching and mentoring techniques that support your genuine interest in people. You have proven ability to be able to build and strengthen key relationships to compliment and support our collaborative and inclusive store culture. You are an advocate of change, with an ability to compliment communication channels through the development of tailored People plans with a down-to-earth yet strategic approach to growing the business. With a degree in human resources and/or proven experience as a human resource generalist, you are looking to take your next step to grow your career! This position requires availability of Monday to Friday.
As the People & Culture Generalist, your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Business partnering with the leadership team within the store and your portfolio to develop and drive the People agenda to support the Country business objectives
• Executing all operational People tasks related to human resources at unit level to deliver an excellent co-worker experience, including Workers Compensation
• Supporting the building of local business competence & performance by setting and working on relevant People goals
• Ensuring and executing delivery of learning & training at the unit level, unless provided by the national support office team
• Implementing a co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all local interactions with co-workers, including performance management, and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labour relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws.
Together as a team
Together the People & Culture team supports the delivery of the People & Culture Action Plan, People & Culture idea and the IKEA Business Operations by working in conjunction with all business functions and co-workers in store. With a key focus on IKEA co-workers, customers and the IKEA business, a pivotal role with this function lies in securing the co-worker experience, supporting leaders to ensure their teams are equipped with the knowledge and resources to create a better everyday life for the many people.
This role is temporary full time, contract ends in March 2025.