Who you are
You have a strong interest in Workplace Health and Safety, Security and/or Risk Management. The Safety & Security desk is an initial point of contact for all co-workers and visitors, so you will have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit professionalism to support everyone who travels through the store in a safe and secure way. You will help to support co-workers, share knowledge and encourage others to do the same. You will enjoy being accessible to the many people and your personal values truly reflect our IKEA values. The successful candidate will also have strong computer skills, literacy and numeracy skills and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The ability to multitask and prioritise is essential for this role. Possessing a current security license will be highly preferred but not essential. You are available to work early morning and evening shifts, including weekends.
As Safety & Security Specialist at IKEA, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Protecting IKEA co-workers, customers and assets from preventable loss, injury or illness within the store in order to support the IKEA objectives;
• Ability to respond responsibly in emergency and critical situations and ensure that decisive action is taken to ensure safety of all IKEA co-workers, customers, and visitors
• Being a valued business partner who drives for sustainable solutions and improves the profit of the store without jeopardising the desired level of IKEA safety and security;
• Proactively assessing and manage risks, and influence management and co-workers within the store to establish an IKEA culture that is risk aware through a risk-based approach
• Ensuring compliance with the IKEA Group Risk Manual, IKEA rules and guidelines, and national and local legal requirements.
Together as a team
Safety & Security are responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment for our all our visitors, customers and our co-workers. The team is highly motivated and partners the business to protect our assets by being knowledgeable about the IKEA business. As a Safety & Security Specialist you will be required to work with co-workers to create a better everyday life!